5 Best Practices for SMS & Text Marketing –
Progress is the engine of marketing. Every day opens up something new for us and promises to be revolutionary in the world of business and advertising. But in pursuit for trends, do not forget about consistently working methods.
Using SMS to communicate with customers
SMS mailing is an affordable and relatively inexpensive way to promote your products and services, inform your customers, colleagues, friends and acquaintances about any events or promotions.
The SMS mailing service delivers “directly into the hands” of your client all the important information, not only for advertising purposes, but also to maintain communication.
In general, SMS mailing is an indispensable tool for any business, beneficially complementing existing advertising, or as a standalone service. Although in some areas of business, it manifests itself much better than in others.
Obvious advantages of SMS mailing:
- The ability to promptly inform your customers.
- Sending from your chosen name.
- Full coverage of the target audience.
- Increasing the percentage of sales and attendance of your establishments or sites.
- Maintaining constant contact with clients.
- Low price compared to other types of advertising and tariffs of some mobile operators.
- Many people use mobile Internet, so in order not to overload SMS, you can insert a link to the site.
Display preview links that are added to SMS. Therefore, users will additionally see an image of your product or service.
Send SMS reminders to customers about new products, services, discounts and promotions, invite them to celebrations or simply congratulate them on common holidays and birthdays. It is advisable to leave your contacts and address in an SMS message so that subscribers can clarify the information they need from you.
Who is eligible for SMS messaging?
Correct answer: everyone who values their customers and fights for their attention.
- To accompany events. To quickly remind you of the imminent start of the event.
- For banks and insurance companies. Notify clients about changes in % rates, about new opportunities, notify about transactions with the account.
- Travel agencies. SMS notifications about last-minute tours, tariff changes, opening / closing of the season.
- Sending messages will not be superfluous for cinemas, theaters, nightclubs. It is convenient to send SMS messages to regular visitors about updating the repertoire, discounts on tickets, creative evenings of artists.
- For offline and online stores. You can quickly and easily inform about the beginning of the sale, about new products.
- For bars and restaurants, when you need to talk about new products or interesting offers. SMS messaging for restaurants
This is not a complete list of possible uses of SMS alerts for business. Sending SMS messages is becoming truly indispensable for many organizations and today it is actively used by both large companies and small firms.
Text marketing for modern business
Competent text marketing is an integral part of a successful online business. Content is the face of the company, not only on the website, but also in social networks, email newsletters and other attributes of the company.
With the help of text, your positioning takes place, the values and missions of the company are transmitted. That is why an integrated approach to compiling text marketing is so important. The task of text marketing is to create the right image about the company, using all kinds of tools, which may include social networks, the company’s website, mailing lists, all kinds of thematic platforms, printed materials (books, booklets, business cards), webinars.
The marketing scene has used a variety of channels over the years to connect with potential customers; however, text messages remain the most effective, with a whopping 98% open rate within five minutes of delivery. As an example, check out text marketing software Smarter Contact, one of the leading high converting SMS platforms.
Best Practices in SMS Marketing
People are constantly interacting with their mobile phones. This is a great way for a brand to be in the spotlight. Here are some helpful tips on how to do this:
- Tell who you are. The situation generates a conversion. Take the opportunity and tell who you are. Introduce yourself in the text itself or add the sender’s name so that the user can immediately understand who the message came from. Don’t make a person guess.
- Watch your speech. There are only 160 characters at your disposal, but this does not mean that it is appropriate to use abbreviations, especially slang or jargon. Be smart and keep the business style of speech. This will help build the image of the company. In no case do not use: LOL, BTW, TY, IMHO and other abbreviations.
- Focus. All genius is in simplicity. Therefore, the limited volume of the message is only to your advantage. Throw aside everything superfluous and convey your proposal to the addressee briefly and clearly.
- Attract attention. SMS-mailing is advertising. Bright appeals and words-signals are appropriate here. For example, “super”, “promotion”, “discounts”. Feel free to add emotional words to your messages, but don’t overuse them. One or two accents are enough.
- End the message with a call. Calls to action (CTA) are not only a lever to manipulate the client, but also an explanation of what you expect from him. After all, it is far from always clear what a person should do after reading an advertising message. Classic CTAs are effective, such as “details on the website”, “call now”, “ask in stores”.
A mobile phone is an intimate thing for most people. So as you use this channel, be close to the customer and show how important they are to you. Everyone wants to feel special, so phrases like: “Especially for you!”, “For our favorite clients only”, “Exclusive offer” significantly increase engagement.
By sending a mass marketing email, you are targeting a wide audience. Therefore, the message and purpose of your message should be clear to everyone. Of course, the content depends on the nature and age of the client, but it is worth writing a universal text that any existing or potential client will like.
SMS marketing elements can be incorporated into any product promotion strategy. One has only to decide what value your messages will carry for the recipient and how to profitably present your message to the target audience.